Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Entertainment

’THIS YEAR HALLOWEEN IS ONLY FOR KIDS’: Quebec premier green-lights trick or treating

Close
0views


Article content continued

Quebec’s largest cities, such as Montreal and Quebec City, have been under a 28-day partial lockdown since Oct. 1. Bars, museums and other venues are closed while indoor and outdoor gatherings are banned.

Earlier Thursday, health authorities reported 969 new cases of COVID-19 and eight deaths attributed to the novel coronavirus they said occurred in the past 24 hours.

Another 22 deaths newly linked to the virus occurred at earlier dates while two deaths previously attributed to COVID-19 were unrelated, health authorities said.

Hospitalizations rose by five compared with the prior day, for a total of 493, and 83 patients are in intensive care, a rise of three. The province has reported a total of 89,963 cases of COVID-19 and 6,005 deaths linked to the virus.

We apologize, but this video has failed to load.

According to the latest government statistics, 32 public long-term care facilities and 56 private nursing homes have at least one resident infected with COVID-19. Three facilities — one long-term care home and three public seniors residences — are considered “critical,” meaning more than 25 per cent of residents are infected.

The government also says 1,711 students and 332 staff members at 821 elementary and high schools across the provincce are infected with COVID-19.

On Wednesday, the province’s public health institute published a report revealing 30 per cent of the COVID-19 infections during the first wave of the pandemic in Quebec involved health-care workers.



Source link

Leave a Response