Terminator Fights RoboCop in New Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Trailer
, posted 2 days ago / 367 Views
Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developer NetherRealms Studios have released a new trailer for Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath, which will launch on May 26 for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows PC via Steam and Google Stadia. The new trailer features the Terminator fighting RoboCop.
The Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath expansion adds a new cinematic story, three characters and three new skins for $39.99. The three new characters are Fujin, Sheeva, and RoboCop. The $59.99 Mortal Kombat: Aftermath Kollection includes the base game, Kombat Pack DLC and the Aftermath expansion.
View the Fujin trailer below:
Here is an overview of the expansion:
Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath is a new expansion for the hit videogame, Mortal Kombat 11, the best-selling title in franchise history that was named Fighting Game of the Year at the 2019 D.I.C.E. Awards. Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath expands the critically acclaimed story campaign with an all-new, cinematic narrative centered around trust and deceit, while also adding new playable characters in returning Mortal Kombat fighters, Fujin and Sheeva, and guest character, RoboCop, who is making his series debut.
- Franchise-First Story Expansion – The critically acclaimed story campaign continues with an all-new cinematic narrative that picks up directly where Mortal Kombat 11 left off. Fire God Liu Kang, the new keeper of time and protector of Earthrealm, must now enlist the help of unlikely allies and familiar foes to forge a new history as the fate of two worlds hang in the balance.
- Exciting New Characters Join the Roster – New playable characters join the fight with the triumphant return of Fujin, the God of Wind who serves as Earthrealm’s protector alongside his brother Raiden, and Sheeva, the fourarmed, half-human and half-dragon queen of the ancient Shokan race. RoboCop, the iconic, highly advanced cybernetic police officer, makes his first appearance in the franchise, continuing the pedigree of popular Mortal Kombat guest fighters. RoboCop in Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath features the voice and likeness of actor Peter Weller, who portrayed the popular character in both the original RoboCop (1987) film and RoboCop 2 (1990) sequel. Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath will also include three new character skin packs to be released over time.
- Fan-Favorite Stages, Stage Fatalities & Friendships Return – In conjunction with the Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath release, all Mortal Kombat 11 owners will have access to a free content update featuring new Stages, including the return of the Klassic Dead Pool and Soul Chamber arenas; Stage Fatalities, the fan-favorite finishing moves that use the environment to destroy opponents; and the popular Friendships feature, allowing players to take down their adversaries with a hint of kindness.
- New Players Can Join the Fight with Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection – Offers the perfect opportunity for new players to join the fight, featuring all characters, story content, game modes and pre-order bonuses in one ultimate package. This compilation includes Mortal Kombat 11 along with all content from Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath and the previously released Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack, containing six playable characters—Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, Terminator T-800, The Joker and Spawn – plus 25 additional character skins. The Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Kollection can be pre-ordered for $59.99 (SRP) with digital pre-orders offering immediate access to Mortal Kombat 11 and the Kombat Pack upon purchase. The physical version will be available this June in the Americas only.
- Upgrade Options for Current Mortal Kombat 11 Owners – Those who have already purchased Mortal Kombat 11 can pre-order the Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath expansion for $39.99 (SRP) or the Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath + Kombat Pack Bundle for $49.99 (SRP).
- Pre-order for Exclusive Content – All preorders* receive the Eternal Klash Skin Pack at launch, featuring three new character skin variants – “Unbound Rage” Scorpion inspired by Mortal Kombat (2011), “Son of Arctika” Sub-Zero inspired by Mortal Kombat: Deception and “Kori Power” Frost, a Klassic version of the Lin Kuie warrior.
- Best-In-Class, Brutal Kombat – Mortal Kombat 11 is the latest installment in the critically acclaimed franchise, providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before. The best-selling title is packed to the brim with multiple features and modes for all players, including the Story mode, Custom Character Variation System, Towers of Time, Kombat League, The Krypt and the signature roster returning and franchise-first fighters, all equipped with powerful Krushing Blows and unique Fatalities that display devastatingly brutal cinematic visuals.
Here is an overview of the three new playable fighters:
- Fujin – The God of Wind and serves the Elder Gods alongside his brother, Raiden, as a Protector of Earthrealm. First playable in Mortal Kombat 4, he’s adept at inspiring goodness and heroism to conquer the forces of hatred and tyranny and fights to ensure Earthrealm’s bright future. The immortal Fujin uses his sword and crossbow in combat and unleashes his powers as a God through a variety of wind-manipulating attacks to control his weapons, his movements and even his adversaries.
- Sheeva – The four-armed, half-human, half-dragon queen of Outworld’s ancient Shokan race. First playable in Mortal Kombat 3, the powerful Shokan warrior leads her people in the quest to attain their rightful place as partners in Outworld’s rule. The male Shokan once scoffed when Sheeva entered the contest to become their next leader, but after a resounding victory, she proved herself to be superior and was crowned the first queen of the Shokan. The heavy hitting, master brawler employs her grappling fighting style to take down enemies and uses her faithful shield and unblockable teleport stomp to strike fear into the hearts of anyone who might oppose her.
- RoboCop – Formerly known as Alex Murphy, was a dutiful police officer who was brutally executed by a local gang. Brought back to life through OCP technology, Murphy was transformed into RoboCop, a highly advanced cybernetic police officer designed to uphold the law and protect the innocent. Now making his debut in the Mortal Kombat franchise, RoboCop has received a few upgrades and enters into battles equipped with a deadly arsenal of weapons, including his Auto 9 pistol. He also employs a flamethrower, riot shield and shoulder cannon that he can load with various types of ammunition to apprehend any Kombatants who stand in his way. RoboCop in Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath features the voice and likeness of actor Peter Weller, who portrayed the popular character in both the original RoboCop (1987) film and RoboCop 2 (1990) sequel.
A life-long and avid gamer, William D’Angelo was first introduced to VGChartz in 2007. After years of supporting the site, he was brought on in 2010 as a junior analyst, working his way up to lead analyst in 2012. He has expanded his involvement in the gaming community by producing content on his own YouTube channel and Twitch channel dedicated to gaming Let’s Plays and tutorials. You can contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @TrunksWD.