Sunday, February 28, 2021
News

Pandemic-related protest in locked-down North Bay Saturday

Cat clings to wing of plane during flight
2views


A convoy of a dozen cars rolled through North Bay Saturday protesting against “non-consensual” COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns, non-voluntary mask use and vaccinations.

It was planned before the announcement Friday extending the stay-at-home orders in the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit area to March 9. There were 18 new infections announced in North Bay Friday bringing the total active case count to 28, with 13 positive results related to an outbreak at Cassellholme Home for the Aged. One of those positive results was confirmed to be a Variant of Concern. None of the results being reported are residents of the LTC facility.

Earlier in the week, a COVID-19 death was connected to the outbreak at the Lancelot Apartments on Lakeshore Drive where more than 30 people were infected. Among those infected was a North Bay Regional Health Centre worker who was administering tests at the apartment building. Two schools were also closed after two students connected to the Lancelot spread were infected.

Dominique St-Jean of the West Nipissing for Our Rights group, said feedback from last weekend’s demonstration in Sturgeon Falls encouraged the North Bay event.

See: Rights demonstration in Sturgeon Falls

See: 18 new COVID-19 cases reported

See: Local Lancelot COVID victim was a loving family man

“We are pro-choice as our group. I mean, we’re not anti-maskers, or anti-vaccine … but we are pro-choice and we are pro informed consent,” St-Jean said when interviewed about the demonstration last Sunday.

He suggested people research the issues about the tests for COVID-19, how vaccines are made and look into the reactions from them as well as the health risks of wearing masks.

St-Jean and his friends share posts about conspiracy theories about the pandemic being contrived for global corporate benefit.

BayToday looked into some of the information St-Jean has shared on Facebook, including the deadly outbreak at the Roberta Place long term care home in Barrie.

A massive COVID-19 outbreak at Roberta Place was declared over this week after more than 200 infections leading to 71 deaths. One of the fast-spreading Variant of Concerns was deemed responsible.

The post St-Jean shared included two photos of media reports about vaccinations being given at Roberta Place Jan. 22 and a Feb. 4 report about several dozen deaths. St-Jean implied the vaccinations led to the deaths.

BayToday asked the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit to respond to several questions about the vaccinations and deaths. The answers indicate the vaccinations:

1) Is the vaccine given to people (at Roberta Place or elsewhere) who have already tested positive for the virus?

If someone has previously tested positive and has recovered and are no longer contagious, we do offer vaccine to them.

2) How many of the people who received the first injection of the vaccine at Roberta Place have since died?

Unfortunately, the first opportunity for us to immunize the residents of Roberta Place was on January 16, which was 8 days after the outbreak had started. By that time, the vast majority of the residents had already either been infected with or exposed to COVID-19. We only managed to immunize 22 of the residents and of those 22, some likely were already incubating or infected but had not yet shown any symptoms or tested positive. From that time, it would take about 14 days later for the vaccine to be fully effective.

Of the 22 residents who received the first dose of the vaccine, 21 of them became infected with COVID 19. Of those 21, 11 infected residents died. All 21 residents became symptomatic or infected with COVID within 7 days of receiving their first shot, well before the vaccine would have expected to be effective (14 days).

3) Has the second dose of the vaccine been administered there?

Seven of the original 22 who got their first dose in January received their 2nd dose Feb. 10. An additional 33 more residents received their first dose Feb. 10.

A post about excess deaths was shared this week featuring Tony Robbins saying that the United States has experienced the same amount of deaths in 2020 as 2019 with only a 10,000 difference up or down in previous years.

Loading…

Loading…Loading…Loading…Loading…Loading…

Centre of Disease Control data, however, states there were 300,000 excess deaths in the United States in 2020 (January to October) and almost 500,000 excess deaths to February 1, 2021.

And a Statistics Canada report states that there were 10,090 excess deaths from all causes January to October 2020: “… there were an estimated 241,257 deaths in Canada, representing an excess of 10,090 deaths above and beyond what would have been expected if there was no pandemic. In comparison, for the same period, there were 228,058 deaths in 2018 and 226,994 in 2019.”

Dave Dale is a Local Journalism Reporter with BayToday.ca. LJI is funded by the Government of Canada.





Source link

Leave a Response