Thursday, October 22, 2020
News

Kamala Harris cancels events after flying with two people who tested positive for Covid – live | US news

0views










The California GOP refused to remove unauthorized ballot boxes, which state election officials say are illegal, with Republican party leaders openly defying a law enforcement order.

County election authorities in California are responsible for installing official ballot drop boxes in their regions, but the GOP recently put up their own unofficial boxes in Los Angeles, Fresno and Orange counties, raising concerns about potential fraud and voter confusion.

After photos of the Republican boxes spread on social media over the weekend, the state secretary of state, a Democrat, warned that they were unlawful and sent a cease-and-desist order to the party.

Harley Rouda
(@HarleyRouda)

.@MichelleSteelCA proving, yet again, that she’s the most corrupt politician in Orange County. Steel’s team is using fake and illegal “official” ballot drop boxes.

OC voters — these are FAKE. Please only drop off your ballot in @OCRegistrar drop boxes. pic.twitter.com/kAoP1DwdKI


October 11, 2020

The GOP has refused to say how many boxes it has installed and how many ballots it has collected, but party leaders are now vowing to keep them up, arguing that they are lawful.

The state does allow people to collect ballots from voters and return them to county offices on their behalf, but that process is supposed to involve voters giving their permission. In this case, experts warn, the GOP boxes could appear to be official drop-off sites, and that could be misleading voters. Voters can track their ballots online to ensure they are counted.





The Wall Street Journal
(@WSJ)

Breaking: Senate Republicans said the Judiciary Committee will subpoena Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey after the platform blocked a New York Post article about Joe Biden and his son Hunter https://t.co/5TUrZPbndO


October 15, 2020

Senate Republicans plan to subpoena Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, after the platform made a controversial decision to block a New York Post article. The article itself is also controversial. Here’s a fuller explanation from Guardian technology reporter Kari Paul:

Facebook and Twitter took steps on Wednesday to limit the spread of a controversial New York Post article critical of Joe Biden, sparking outrage among conservatives and stoking debate over how social media platforms should tackle misinformation ahead of the US election.

In an unprecedented step against a major news publication, Twitter blocked users from posting links to the Post story or photos from the unconfirmed report. Users attempting to share the story were shown a notice saying: “We can’t complete this request because this link has been identified by Twitter or our partners as being potentially harmful.” Users clicking or retweeting a link already posted to Twitter are shown a warning the “link may be unsafe”.

Twitter said it was limiting the article’s spread due to questions about “the origins of the materials” included in the article, which contained material supposedly pulled from a computer that had been left by Hunter Biden at a Delaware computer repair shop in April 2019. Twitter policies prohibit “directly distribut[ing] content obtained through hacking that contains private information”.

The article implicates the former vice-president in connection with his son Hunter’s Ukraine business and was headlined: “Smoking-gun email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian businessman to VP dad.”

The unnamed owner of the computer repair shop told the newspaper he passed a copy of the hard drive on the seemingly abandoned computer to Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer.

The story focused on one email from April 2015, in which a Burisma board adviser thanked Hunter for inviting him to a Washington meeting with his father. But there was no indication of when the meeting was scheduled or whether it ever happened.













































Harris wore N95 mask during flight with Covid-19 positive individuals





Harris cancels travel after Biden campaign members test positive for coronavirus – report

Updated













Updated





Source link

Leave a Response