Grants Available in the NT for 2021
The National Science Week Coordinating Committee of the Northern Territory have allocated $50,000 to support events in the Territory.
There are three categories of grants available:
- Large National Science Week Grants of $10,000 – $15,000 (grant pool of $25,000)
- Major Centers National Science Week Grants of $250 – $2,000 for projects in Darwin, Palmerston and Alice Springs (grant pool of $12,500)
- Remote Communities National Science Week Grants of $250 – $3,000 (grant pool of $12,500)
A merit-based process will be used to select projects for financial support. All applications must meet the following selection criteria:
- The project must be consistent with the NT National Science Week objectives.The objective of the National Science Week in the NT is to increase awareness and understanding of the central role which science, technology, innovation and entrepreneurship play in Australia’s economic and social wellbeing.
- Target + Reach
Proposals should indicate the geographical and institutional reach.
- The project should be conducted during National Science Week 2021 or as part of an associated National Science Week 2021 event.
In 2021 National Science Week will be held from 14 – 22 August. Support will only be offered to projects being held during this time or as part of an associated National Science Week 2021 event.
- The project must be innovative and value for money.
The Grants Committee are particularly interested in proposals that have a new or refreshing approach to meeting the National Science Week objectives and achieving value for money.
- The project must detail the overall budget
A budget including details of finance or other resources provided by the applicant’s organisation and other organisations should be included.
Be sure to carefully read the conditions in the application form before submitting your application.
Applications will close at 5-pm Friday 26 February 2021.