Full list of Leander Paes’ Grand Slam trophies
At 42, Leander Paes is still going strong. India’s veteran tennis star added yet another Grand Slam success on Saturday (Sept 12) when he captured the US Open mixed doubles title with his Swiss partner Martina Hingis. Paes now has 17 Grand Slam trophies, the most by an Indian. His first ever success came 16 years ago in 1999 at French Open with Mahesh Bhupathi. In 2015, he has 3 Grand Slams having earlier won the Wimbledon with Hingis.
He has now won nine mixed doubles major titles and trails behind only Martina Navratilova (10). Paes said chemistry is key to any partnership and he enjoys a great relation with Martina Hingis, who is phenomenal player.
Here is the full list of Paes’ Grand Slam trophies (1999 to 2015)
Men’s doubles (8 titles) – 3 with Mahesh Bhupathi, 2 each with Lukas Dlouhy and Radek Stepanek, 1 with Martin Damm.
1. 1999 French Open with Mahesh Bhupathi (India)
2. 1999 Wimbledon with Bhupathi
3. 2001 French Open with Bhupathi
4. 2006 US Open with Martin Damm (Czech Republic)
5. 2009 French Open with Lukas Dlouhy (Czech Republic)
6. 2009 US Open with Dlouhy
7. 2012 Australian Open with Radek Stepanek (Czech Republic)
8. 2013 US Open with Stepanek
Mixed doubles (9 titles) –
3 each with Cara Black and Martina Hingis, 2 with Martina Navratilova, 1 with Lisa Raymond
1. 1999 Wimbledon with Lisa Raymond (USA)
2. 2003 Australian Open with Martina Navratilova (USA)
3. 2003 Wimbledon with Navratilova
4. 2008 US Open with Cara Black (Zimbabwe)
5. 2010 Australian Open with Cara
6. 2010 Wimbledon with Cara
7. 2015 Australian Open with Martina Hingis (Switzerland)
8. 2015 Wimbledon with Hingis
9. 2015 US Open with Hingis