Fortnite Update 12.60 Patch Notes: Server downtime, Map changes, season 2 event leaks and more
Fortnite Update 12.60 is set to release on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch players on May 20, 2020.
The new update for the game will bring Fortnite up to version 12.60 which is believed to be the final update for the game in the current season.
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 is set to start on June 4, 2020, so this update will likely be filled with lots of new skins and more to tide over players until the start of Season 3.
Or at the very least, the big Season 2 event (whenever that is).
As we mention, there’s likely new content and that could mean some last minute major changes to the game’s map in preparation for the next season-ending event.
According to Epic Games official Fortnite Status twitter account, update 12.60 will release, but not before some Fortnite server downtime at 7am BST in the UK.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter: “Hello, all! v12.60 is scheduled for Wednesday, May 20. Downtime will begin at 2 AM ET (0600 UTC). Thank you for being among The Agency’s finest.”
Thankfully UK players should have the game back up in a matter of hours. Server downtime is scheduled to end after two hours, meaning the game should be back online by 9am BST.
This isn’t set in stone and it’s possible – as with any period of server maintenance – that the games server maintenance could be extended should Epic Games encounter any issues.
It’s hard to say precisely what new content will be added, as we imagine most of it is being kept under wraps if it’s related to the next big event.
However, we do have a fairly decent idea as to some of the potential bug fixes which could be included in the games next Fortnite 12.60 update patch notes.
Fortnite Update 12.60 Patch Notes
Fortnite Battle Royale Bugs and Fixes
• Dragacorn Glider temporarily disabled in competitive playlists.
– While we work on an animation fix, the Dragacorn Glider will temporarily appear as a default Glider in competitive playlists on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Mac. The animation fix will apply to all platforms and modes. After the Glider’s animation changes, owners of the Glider will have the option to refund it without the use of a refund token.
• Riot Control Baton Pickaxe temporarily disabled.
– While we work on resolving an issue, the Riot Control Baton Pickaxe will temporarily appear as a default Pickaxe in all playlists.
• Hit Indicators showing wrong direction.
– Hit / Damage Indicators will sometimes appear to be coming from the wrong direction than the source of the damage.
Fortnite Creative Bugs and Fixes
• Players may see a seam running through the middle of an island while playing on mobile devices.
– A seam can be seen running through the middle of an island sometimes while playing on a mobile device.
Fortnite Save the WorldBugs and Fixes
• Exploding Deathbomb deals damage to the objective through builds
– Exploding Deathbombs may deal damage to the objective through builds.
• Black Metal Weapons do not respect self-damage amount when performing Critical Hits
– Black Metal Weapons may not properly calculate self-damage when the player lands a critical hit.
• Ammo is consumed when a weapon is dropped and picked up.
– Dropping or spawning a weapon and picking it up will sometimes cause you to lose ammo.
Fortnite General Issues
• Midas’ Golden Touch does not change items gold.
– Midas’ bonus ‘Golden Touch’ ability to turn weapons gold doesn’t work when first picking something up. Instead, dropping and re-equipping the weapon will turn it gold.
• ‘Lock Input Method as Mouse’ does not lock the input method.
– Players may notice their input method repeatedly swap when their ‘Lock Input Method as Mouse’ is set to ‘ON’.
• Emotes playing over Main Stage music in Party Royale.
– On occasion, Emote music can be heard while at the Main Stage in Party Royale.
• Reports of server performance issues.
– We’re aware and investigating reports of server performance issues.