Binaural beats: What is it, health benefits and everything you need to know about binaural beats
While research has not yet determined the benefits of binaural beats on health, it is believed to treat anxiety, stress, and related mental disorders in people.
Potential health benefits
Binaural beats therapy may work differently on different people. While some feel their stress and anxiety seem to reduce with the help of binaural beats therapy, others report an increase in their sense of concentration and focus. That said, some of the possible and common health benefits of binaural beats are as follows.
– It helps manage and reduce stress and anxiety.
– It facilitates concentration and improves focus.
– It helps induce better relaxation and promotes positivity.
– In case of pain, it distracts you from it and helps you manage it.
– It promotes deeper meditation.
As per research, binaural beats between 1 and 30 Hz can create the same brainwave pattern that one would experience during meditation. That said, while a simple medication can help improve memory, reduce stress, slow down brain ageing and improve concentration, allegedly, binaural beats can do the same too.
How do binaural beats work and impact the brain?
As per a study published in 2015, in order to detect the binaural beat, the frequency of the tones should be lower than 1,000 hertz (Hz). That said, there are different sound wave patterns that help facilitate binaural beats.
– Alpha pattern – Alpha pattern supports binaural beats at a frequency of 7–13 Hz, promoting relaxation.
– Beta pattern – Binaural beats in the beta pattern are at a frequency of 13–30 Hz. This improves mental concentration and attentiveness.
– Delta pattern – Binaural beats in the delta pattern form at a frequency of 0.5–4 Hz, inducing faster rate of sleep.
– Thetha pattern – Theta pattern triggers binaural beats at a frequency of 4–7 Hz, followed by improved meditation, creativity, and sleep.
– Gamma pattern – Binaural beats in the gamma pattern are at a frequency of 30–50 Hz, helping in maintaining the feeling of arousal while awake.
Side effects of listening to binaural beats
While there are no possible dangers of listening to binaural beats, you must make sure that the tone level you’re listening to is not too high. Loud sounds at or above 85 decibels can lead to loss of hearing in the long run.
Also if you are a patient of epilepsy, you must consult your doctor before resorting to such therapy.