All you need to know about Signal App and why it’s better than WhatsApp
Amid all this, world’s richest man, Tesla CEO Elon Musk issued a call to ‘Use Signal’ to his millions of Twitter followers. Musk tweeted that he uses Signal App and not WhatsApp for messaging. After Elon Musk’s tweet people are continuously downloading the Signal App. Currently, the app is topping charts.
But what is Signal App? Well it is a messaging app with a focus on privacy and has been around since 2014. Signal’s tagline is ‘Say Hello to Privacy’ and the service is end-to-end encrypted just like WhatsApp. In fact, WhatsApp uses the Signal protocol for its end-to-end encryption feature. But unlike WhatsApp, Signal is not owned by Facebook. We take a look at everything you need to know about Signal.
What makes Signal App better than WhatsApp?
– According to Elon Musk instant messaging app Signal is the world’s most secure app.
Signal App is fully secure
– The special feature about Signal App is that it is fully secure and there is no fear of user data being shared. Means all personal data of the users remain personal.
– It also does not send unsecured backups of users to the cloud and it keeps the encrypted database secure in your phone.
This feature is special
– The main feature in the Signal App is that it has Data Linked to You feature.
– After enabling this feature, no one can take the screenshot of that chat during chatting. This makes it clear that your chat here is completely secure
– If you look at another feature of the Signal App, it automatically disappears your old messages.
– For this, the users can set the time from 10 seconds to a week for messages to automatically disappear.
– Your messages will disappear automatically during the set time.
– Whatsapp too had recently introduced a feature called Disappearing.
What is Signal? Who created the app?
– Signal is a messaging app, available for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, Mac and Linux.
– The app is developed by the Signal Foundation and Signal Messenger LLC and it is a non-profit company.
– The app was created by Moxie Marlinspike, American cryptographer and currently CEO of Signal Messenger.
– The Signal Foundation was created by WhatsApp co-founder Brian Acton and Marlinspike.
– Acton, who left WhatsApp back in 2017, has put in around $50 million to help with funding Signal.